FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SNA cleared, told must check out by 2pm, denied option to move standard room
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:46 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am aghast that a former SPG champion would take this view of hospitality (and as I’ve mentioned before I like the posts generally of this person). Members spend lots of money and time reaching certain thresholds and should absolutely receive the benefits they earned. It is not the customer problem if properties cannot handle living up to program terms. And no I have never personally worked for a hotel company as a FD but my family does own/ invest in hotels. I actually stay at a starwood - and have my employees do the same — because of how good the loyalty program is ... over often hotels owned by family and friends.

The attitude of this person shows why so many loyalists have reason to question whether specific properties will adhere to program rules. And shows why so many owners get upset at hotel programs when the program employees are not living up to program details - the owner profits are hit when employees tick off customers or act as if adhering to program terms are not important.

- A Proud Snowflake