FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:18 pm
GJS - yow

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by alc
Just a reminder that if you do plan to use this booking toward any EYW bonus, whether you are aiming at top 10 / 30 / 50 or not, a cancel and rebook will disqualify all flights related to this booking.
Took me a minute to catch onto this, but now I get it - EYW bookings had to be made before 11 Oct 2017. In my case the bookings I am asking about were made after the 11th, so no harm in cancelling (and I'm not going to score well in the EYW contest).

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I actually have a flight in late November that I haven't bothered to upgrade.

I have an EF alert for Z<5, but I'm quite content to wait until T-48.

Mind you, it's 6am on a Wednesday, so I'm pretty confident it will be J1 on the Monday.

That's the other thing I should mention. I've basically stopped doing the eUp on these bookings. There's no point. There's always J space
I think I'm learning something else. Do the complimentary upgrade seats for Latitude FPs come from J inventory? If so, it should be easy to track when (or if) an eUpgrade is necessary to hold a J seat.

My previous FP experience has mostly been on Europe FPs where there are no complimentary upgrades.