FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barely meeting 1K criteria--how close are others?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:50 pm
In The 216
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I am currently at 109,000 PQM, 111.5 PQS and $15,700 PQD.

Zero international paid segments this year (except to Mexico once) and very, very few paid F class flights.

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Unless you are flying internationally, I can't see where 1K will make any significant difference to your flying experience. I think you are in a position where you should have no loyalty to any carrier and just go with the cheapest fare for your preferred cabin and routing.

Since RPUs are so hard to use these days, I end-up buying more P-fares on trans-cons (I still fly in coach on most shorter flights). So, by making RPUs more difficult to use, UA is squeezing more revenue out of me but simultaneously devaluing the domestic value of 1K benefits to me.
I don't agree with your first statement. Since becoming a 1K in July 2016, my flying experience has become markedly better. I am 95% on CPU's and 100% on RPU's (hopefully I am not jinxing it). Now, that said, routes, days, etc. make a huge difference and I am fortunate to be flexible enough to strategically plan flights to avoid the usual Monday morning and Thursday afternoon rushes.