FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:53 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by robsaw
Maybe if a 777 was 1/2 empty that would be valid. The real reason is more closely associated with "door closure", which means the crew's objective is a secure cabin as push-back can begin at any time after door closure. Passengers must be seated, belted, tray-tables up, etc, etc before the cabin can be declared secure; allowing people to move means the cabin is by definition unsecure.
Ok, sure.

Then why can't the crew just say what you just said? Sounds like an even more valid reason to me.

Having said that, I've been able to move just before doors closing or after the doors have closed, with full permission of the SD.

TBH, I have not seen a legit rhyme or reason to any of the seemingly inconsistent application of cabin protocol. And this is just based on my 300+ AC flights in Y and J this year alone.