FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:32 am
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Seems to me, and I haven’t tried, but once your account including the number is established you can only change it by having the code sent to that number so you can get to your profile. That seems pretty secure since if somebody hacked my ID and passcode it would send the six digit code to my phone and they’d be stumped. ????
Sure, but during the registration process you can give the website *any* phone number, not necessarily yours. So theoretically someone can set up your account using a number to which they have access, effectively locking you out from your own membership dashboard.

If you’re setting up a brand new account with the intent to start an application, this isn’t a problem because you’ll enter your own email address and phone number together when you set up the account. But in the case of those of us transferring from the old GOES system, we’re simply adding a phone number to an existing profile. That number doesn’t necessarily have to be yours, and that’s less than ideal.