FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secondary CBP inspections
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:01 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have no problem with his GE being revoked, it's a privilege, not a right, blah blah.

But

OP, are you saying you have been referred to secondary inspection and detained had your bags searched A HUNDRED TIMES over the last nine months because you once brought an undeclared apple into the country?

That's insane. What usually transpires during these flagged secondary inspections?

It's hard to believe.

All I can think of is that they have flagged you for a period of time for this offense, like a year, which would not be a big deal to most people, as most travelers don't re-enter the USA more than a few times a year.

Keep in mind that during these inspections, assuming you are a US citizen, you have no obligation to answer any questions and they still have to re-admit you. Exercising your right to stay silent may not get you unflagged sooner, and it may not be good for your career, but it's a valid option for you to say "I've answered all these questions 100 times before, I'm not answering them again, search the bag."