FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:17 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Name of the lounge : Skyteam Lounge HKG

Location : after security and immigration (north checkpoint), near gates 15-16.

Opening Hours : 5:30 am to 1 am
Entry requirements : usual Skyteam requirements. No access on arrival, unless you are connecting of course.

Food offer : Salads, sandwiches, cheese, canapés, some warm disheshere is a noodle bar (you can see the menu on one of the picture below)

Drinks offer : Moët & Chandon champagne (yes…not so frequent), wine, liquors, soft drinks, fruit juices, coffee, tea.

Services
Wifi: yes. Works well
Showers: yes
Toilets: yes
Quiet zone: yes
Loungers/sleep area: yes
Business area: no or I haven’t seen it
Spa: no but there is a yoga room
TV area: no special area but several TVs around
Passengers are called: no
Information screen: yes
Newspapers: yes, significant selection adapted to flights departing within the next hours

Other information
Number of seats: 230. There is a reserved area (see picture). I don’t know if this is for P pax ? I will be able to answer this question soon as I will fly P to HKG soon.

Level of noise: medium. The main problem is, as usual, badly educated pax who think they are alone in the lounge and makes loud phone calls or watch videos without headsets…
Design: very modern (the lounge is recent)

View: No view (zero window). Although HKG is one of my favorite airport in the world, too many lounges are completely blind and that’s really bad.
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no (or I don’t think so)
Direct boarding: no. As you may know HKG is huge and you may have to take a train to reach your gate, so it’s prudent to plan accordingly. AF gives you a lounge invitation at check-in and tells you how much time you need to plan, but typically it will be around 15 min.