FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:56 pm
Yellowjj

Originally Posted by Carfield
Date of Flight: October 11, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 492 SEA-SAN
Time of Departure: 5:44pm
Length of flight: 2:17
Class of service: First
Meal served: So-called "Dinner"
Meal Description: Curry Chicken on top of pickled red onion, barley couscous & sweet potato, mixed green salad with Balsamic dressing, whole wheat roll, and lemon square

I just give up. The food was basically beyond bad. Alaska wants to follow the food trend, but then refuse to spend money. It is just an abomination to call that "curry"! No one put curry chicken on top of couscous. Just go back to the normal comfort food like Lasagna or ravioli or Chicken Parmesan!
That chicken looks like when I take leftover curry out the fridge, after it has cooled down and congealed. Literally no sauce.

Curry works better with cut up chicken versus big chunks of chicken. It allows the seasoning to penetrate the meat better. I have no doubt that breast lacked any flavoring under the skin.

And if your doing curry with pasta (which in itself is a risk unless you know how to season curry correctly); couscous is simply the wrong type.