FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:35 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I noticed that EWR<>LHR is going to 4x frequency in January. Given the 'use them or lose them' nature of LHR slots, which hub is getting an extra slot in the winter?
I see nothing on my January schedule, so I'm guessing it will be announced later.

Originally Posted by chipmaster
1K and United Club Access:

Just made 1K, almost always do AS domestic and UA for the international segment. From what I understand now should be able to have complimentary access to UA Clubs even if not at my departure location on UA international or if I'm flying UA domestic, but should get it anywhere as long as the same day? Seems there are few club agents that deny me and claim no access is permitted, but then I got my boarding pass reprinted and got access, others often get this problem, and how do you convince the stubborn club agent

Also, do I get also access to Star Alliance as well ?
As a UA *G you have access to UA lounges at any airport as long as flying same-day (departure +/- 24hrs) on a *A international flight. This is an enhancement over standard *A lounge rules, which stipulate that you must be departing the current airport on a *A flight.

Therefore, you do not have access to Star Alliance partner lounges if departing that airport on an AS flight.

In short,

Standard *G/*A lounge rule: you must be departing the current airport on *A
UA enhancement for own *Gs at own clubs: you need only have a same-day *A international flight anywhere
UA restriction for own *Gs at own clubs: you cannot enter on a departing UA domestic flight

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 15, 2017 at 11:10 am Reason: split post