FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalker Lending Team on Kiva.org!
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:41 am
b00mer89

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
I assume you’re referring to the donation that goes directly to fund Kiva? I’ve never seen a mandatory donation (kinda an oxymoron, huh?). I’ve only ever seen the web page enter a suggested donation amount, which I could override.

ETA: I just went to the site, made a loan, and on the checkout page, I see the “Optional Donation to Kiva’s Operational Costs” box, with $3.50 suggested in the box. I changed it to $0.00, then hit checkout. The $3.50 remained there on the resulting page. Turns out you really do have to hit that little “update” link next to the $value box for it to really remove that $3.50. I went back a page, entered $0, hit update, the $3.50 was removed, and then on the resulting page, the “Optional Donation” really was set to $0.00.

I see, next time around I'll have to try it again, goes to a good cause so not overly torn up about it, was just kind of frustrating as they didn't do a great job spelling it out IMO. appreciate the insight and i look forward to dumping a little more in every month to watch it grow.