FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyingDoc123

Originally Posted by kklems
Wondering if anyone has successfully filed a trip interruption for a cruise with a substantial changes in ports ie eastern ports (st Thomas, San Juan, grand Turk) is now a western (Belize, roatan, Cozumel Mexico). This was due to Irma and Marie so the weather portion is covered. The cruise is two weeks away so i can’t canel without penalty but the cruise will still leave and sail
for 7 days. However I booked the
specific itinerary and paid more for that than a western. I know the cruise lines insurance doesn’t cover changes in ports but private travel
insurance sometimes does. I plan to cruise so cancellation won’t apply. I am going to write the admin for the full policy tomorrow but in the meantime what are people’s experiences with change of port calls and trip
intereuption ?
They will not reimburse for change of ports. During hurricane Irma I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise that initially had 3 destinations, and was 4 nights, but got dropped to 3 nights and only 1 destination. They only reimbursed for 1 night or 1/4th of the cost of the trip because the value of the ports cannot be determined.