FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:03 pm
lolstebbo

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
TPE-HKG is on the 744. When I called CI for seat assignments, I asked about getting the former F seats up front, but was told they were unavailable. Maybe try calling back 72 hours before flight to see if any are available, she advised. But I seem to recall hearing they're available anytime to CI FF elites, and maybe even to SkyTeam Elite+.
AFAIK the former F seats are saved for CI's own STE+.

Originally Posted by wlau
NO! They are actually cost higher than BR.. constantly. That perception is so old, it's not even worth mentioning. BR is now the unsafe one. There is a huge trend in Taiwan that people believe CI safer. BR was stupid enough to take off and land in several typhoons (all other airlines were grounded) and people got thrown around in the aircraft... leaving to massive media scare and such. Ever since EVA owner's younger son that runs EVA got pushed out (after owner's death) by his older brothers, EVA started to degrade.
YMMV about the cost part; at least out of SFO, they're usually close enough in price that the difference is really negligible.