FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:40 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wlau
Glad you know how to find the good food items at TPE lounge - makes me feel sane again after all these people trash CI lounges.

For in-town check-in, it's still VERY VERY problematic! My company sends a driver to pick me up, but I am a very eco/treehugger type of guy, so the moment the MRT opened from TPE airport, I started using it. I've used in-town check on quite a few times since it opened. They have a very well designed automation process - one of the best I've seen.

The BIGGEST problem: the kiosks prints the baggage label but DO NOT have the SkyPriority yellow tag... The label itself says Priority, but the baggage handler usually look at the yellow tag. As such, my bag is usually last to come off at LAX or SEA... Connecting at both of these cities also don't give me a chance to retag the bag, so again when I get into SFO or SJC, my bag is usually the last ones to come off. Ridiculous for Diamond MM and happen to fly F on those last legs...

If you use in-town check in, go to a human instead of using the kiosk.
Can't you save the yellow SkyPriority tag from your outbound flight and attached it to the bag when it's tagged downtown for your inbound flights? Alternatively, if you go to the DL service counter after exiting customs (there's a separate SkyPriority line at larger international gateway airports) and ask them to either re-tag the bag or add the yellow tag?