FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPE Airport-disappointed
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:46 am
akalra1187
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tai4de2
The BR lounge in BKK on the other hand is quite enjoyable — except for the headache-inducing funhouse mirrored decor, who thought that was a good idea?

Decent food and seating, plenty of electrical outlets, and large enough to comfortably shoulder the load.

I agree that the lounge situation in TPE is far less than ideal and does not live up to the standard set by RL. The food is, well, the word ‘slop’ sadly comes to mind. My wife and I have a decades-long running joke about it.
The BKK lounge, whilst a million times better than the TPE lounge, is probably the minimum benchmark for a J lounge. Not terrible like TPE but still not up to RL standards. My comments,

- The shower rooms are kept locked, I went to the door three separate times thinking someone was using it. Finally asked at the counter and they opened it for me, it was not in use they are just kept locked. Strange.

- The ventilation in the shower rooms is awful. Even after a warm shower you have to get dressed in a steam room like atomsphere.

- Alcohol selection is poor.

- No a la carte dining, although I will say the food on the buffet is of a good standard, the pad thai and pizza slices are nice. I know not healthy or gourmet options but they were indeed decent.

- The massage chair section is a nice touch.

- The lounge is kept at a comfortable temperature and generally it’s a comfortable environment.

Alll in all it is ok, but they should look to QR and EY for what’s really expected.