FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:05 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
In claiming that they've never been asked politely to switch, some of our posters are being disingenuous, are incredibly unlucky, or are hyper-prone to be offended.
or, a slightly less harsh interpretation, merely circular in their reasoning. I mean, if someone honestly believes that the request in and of itself is impolite, then by definition they have never received a polite request.

I find this point of view to be wack-a-doo, but I suppose it has an internal consistency.

If multiple pages and a moderator timeout haven't caused anyone to reconsider their views, maybe we should just move on and wait for the next story:

Overheard on DTW-BWI today: I'm in 3D, someone else in 2D. Another pax arrives and says "we seem to have been assigned the same seat! 2D?" 2D* says no, I'm in 2C, I just made a mistake." He said this in a way that I didn't find particularly convincing, but it didn't involve me, and the real 2D didn't seem to care at all, as it was a short flight and as he pointed out it was going to be overcast pretty much the whole way.