FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2017)
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:04 pm
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by YOWgary
If my personal plat got cancelled in January 2015, what are the odds that I'll be eligible for the bonus miles if I sign up for a new one now?
The one-welcome (anti-churning) footnotes started appearing for the Personal card products in July 2015. Given that you cancelled your card before that date, plus also with many people since that time having reported that some Amex reps have mumbled about "past 2 years" for a GO/NO-GO (which eventually turned out to be a "GO", anyways), your chances are pretty good I'd say. Don't list down an existing Amex MR card number during the application to increase chances for a new MR account to be created. Do list down another Amex card number if you have one (eg., SPG, AeroPlus, SimplyCash), as this will help increase your chances for instant approval. Don't call Amex to ask if you're eligible, they will say NO (and may or may not REALLY mean it, by pulling the proverbial plug).

Last edited by JJonahJ; Oct 12, 2017 at 1:18 pm