FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPE Airport-disappointed
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:42 am
kpottermn

Originally Posted by akalra1187
We both started in the EVA lounge, which should be their flagship. We both went across to the SQ lounge, which was quieter, but not exactly what I was expecting either.

You see, for an airline that serves foie gras, Grande Dame, Krug, Dom Perignon, has Rimowa amenity kits, gives high quality bedding, pyjamas etc. etc. the EVA lounge in TPE is a sad, sad joke.

Admittedly the SQ lounge is neither EVA's lounge nor a F lounge, but it also doesn't meet the expectations of someone travelling a product like Royal Laurel. If fact the contrast between both EVA's own lounge and other lounges RL passengers can use at TPE is stark.

Oh, and let's not get in to the F not J discussion please; RL is a hybrid of F & J. Most J classes do not offer prestige curvees, foie gras, pyjamas, face mist in bathrooms, Rimowa amenity kits, thick duvets, and such personalised service. Besides, EY, QR, EK, CX and I'd even say BA's J lounges put EVA's J lounge to shame, and yes I am talking about outstations, EY/QR/EK/CX lounges at LHR are all nice, especially QR's. Equally so at CDG and other airports.
EVA has face mist in economy too