FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account fraud / breach: my account compromised, awards taken, etc.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:54 am
supermariogm

AAdvantage Account hacked and now AMERICAN keeps you alone

My AA Advantage mileages account was hacked. I received an email from American that my a) Password is change and a few minutes later b) my email address is changed at 5.53am in the morning.

I called American Customer Service at 7.05am. They told me that I can reach just someone at 8am CST.

When I talked to American Airlines Customer Service at 8.02am. They helped me to get into the account and identified that miles where taken out of the account. On the call with the American Airlines representative we changed the password and security questions. At 9.44am I got another email from American Airlines that my password was changed. (again!!!). I also received a notification from americanairlinesvacation that I have booked (The person who took over my account) a hotel and rental car in Florida. I called AA again, got connected to 4 different people This time AA did not try to reset my account, the last person told me that a new aadvantage account will be created and all information from my old account will be transfered overnight. . Than I got an email from CorporateSecurity, AAdvantage stating I need to file a police report before any miles can be re instated.

My local police department don't feel responsible for the case as the miles where used for a hotel in Florida. I filled a report with the Florida police.

Result:
American don't make any move to reinstate the miles that were used.
American has not cancelled the booking of my stolen miles to avoid damage.
American Service employees don't record the case correctly in their system and doing anything to support a loyal customer (I am a member 10+years.)
American has created a new account number but not transfered my information. I have a new booked flight in my account with I cannot access anymore.

Anyone else made similar bad experience with the "great" American Airlines service??