FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SF Bay Area Fire Waiver expanded / extended
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:27 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SMF to the Bay Area is a long drive, especially to SF and Silicon Valley. Are the roads along this route at risk?
I don't know if I-80 at Fairfield is at risk of closure (there are apparently evacs in Fairfield) but there are other routes further south to get to Sacto. I used to weekend-commute between the peninsula and Sacramento and I often took I-580/I-5 via Tracy/Stockton simply because the traffic looked better (this was in the early days of Google Maps showing red/yellow/green road conditions).

Originally Posted by missamo80
Why not call AS and ask to be changed to a SJC flight now? Then you'll know when and where you have to be.
I took a quick look and there don't seem to be any viable (for me) flights from SJC/OAK to PDX. Haven't had time to look at routing via SEA. Also doesn't help that I am 5 miles south of SFO, which would make for a really sucky drive to OAK or SJC on a Friday afternoon.