FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:01 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zrs70
I’m not clear what the grievance is....

There were equipment changes that effect seat assignments. Please suggest the correct way United should handle.
Here's a correct way...Maybe my assumption is wrong, but I'm guessing the OP and their companion are on the same reservation. How about United manually addresses MAJOR equipment changes or 10-hour flights? Wouldn't take TOO MUCH to see that the OP and their companion are traveling together, and with a plethora of seat pairs on the 764, stick them together instead of each with a random person in various rows.

I don't know the OP, but I'd assume that this is probably a big trip for them...Probably a not-so-often vacation for them, and guessing by them booking it 'last winter' that it is a big deal for them. And I too would have issues with not sitting with my wife/friend/family member on such a long flight.

Since seat assignments are never guaranteed, why not move someone else who isn't guaranteed a seat assignment and put this couple together?

Those are a few ways United can do better.

Originally Posted by pigx5
What is 777-400?
I'm sure a mis-type of a 767-400. Quick check (about as quick as it takes to post) on the UA app shows indeed that Saturday's IAD-HNL is operated by a 767-400.

Sorry...I just miss the old FT days of patience, understanding and much less pedantic posts.