FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:33 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Detroiter
Years ago (don't know whether it would be the same now, WN did a full beverage-plus-peanuts service on DTW-MDW (229 miles). The WN FAs were up and coming down the aisle to get the carts practically from the moment the gear were up on climbout and finished stowing items around the time the gear came down for landing, so they were hustling.

Also, on an ATR flying AMS-CGN (143 miles!) the FA handed out sandwiches as well as drinks. I was astounded as I really wasn't expecting anything on that short a flight.
WN also does a full beverage service on BHM/BNA that is even a shorter flight than DTW/MDW.

WN doesn't use carts though and a few times when I was on the DTW/MDW flight the FA would go through the cabin while on the ground asking people what they wanted to drink and would write it down to help them get the service done faster once they could get up.

Delta should do a full beverage service on DTW/Chicago and DTW/YYZ and other similar flights in at least C+.