FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATL security bin system - move your bin or not?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:49 am
CrazyEddie

Programs: Delta Skymiles
ATL security bin system - move your bin or not?

I hope not to open a can of worms of whether the relatively new bin system for security is good or bad (it has been working fairly well recently, IMHO), but....

There are giant signs that ask pax to pick up their bins and stack them after removing their luggage following the x-ray. Many pax don't do this, and while the system appears to have been designed to *eventually* stack the bins automatically, the empty bins back up the line - so the signs make sense to me. Anyway, today I made a comment to another pax, somewhat under my breath, like "nice job with the bins" when he removed two bags and therefore left two bins for a group of other pax who were dutifully picking up the slack for him and other pax who don't follow directions. He pushed back hard and told me he had specifically been chastised by TSA and told to leave the bins alone because they automatically stack. "I've done this hundreds of times and I know what I'm doing." Uh, if you fly that much, you know the bins don't stack themselves, and you shouldn't rely on any single TSA for advice.

Am I wrong? Am I DYKWIA?