FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:34 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Kurt
Just a follow-up: I received an e-mail response from Alaska Listens; very specific to my issue. (Breakfast served on a 9:55am transcon departure with only granola left by row 3)It also indicated that I would be receiving a $50 e-certificate for use on a future flight. This is entirely reasonable and I'm satisfied with the response.
Just curious...

Since you mention that Alaska's response was "very specific to (your) issue"...

Did Alaska's response clearly indicate that it would henceforth cease and desist from serving breakfast on transcon flights departing after a certain time - like say, 9:30am? This would seem unlikely.

Additionally I'm not sure how Alaska could address the problem of only granola left by row 3 short of ceasing to offer granola on these flights. Row 3 (on the -700s & -800s) is generally always going to get stuck with the dregs most other passengers don't want. Somehow, I don't see Alaska changing their catering on this.

Enjoy your $50.00 though. One possible use of your windfall would be to employ it toward the occasional purchase of a decent feed prior to the flight on the next few times you're stuck in the last row.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Oct 12, 2017 at 8:08 am