FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:21 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Not necessarily. Here's why:

• AA serves a nice snack on shorthauls - hummus dip/fruit and cheese
  • AA serves warm nuts on all routes
  • AA midcons get ice cream; all transcons get made to order sundaes
  • AA's the only one to offer preordering
  • AA offers true breakfasts

vs. UA/DL... UA does serve warm nuts on most routes, but cut back on ice cream for midcons and serves weird breakfasts (see an ORD-SAN post in the UA Let's Eat! thread), and the September cutbacks were especially obnoxious. As for DL... no ice cream on ALL flights except for premium transcons (and even then, not true sundaes but rather gelato or sorbets), no warm nuts, and small entries (see a few recent JFK-XXX reports on the DL thread).

Of course, everyone's standards and expectations are different, but that's how I quantify meal service on the three carriers, and based on this, AA is still the best. Ironic as they were the worst, literally, back in September 2014, but they've came a long way since then.
I don't disagree with your assessment, but for me when it comes to the quality and quantity of food served for main courses, I consistently am finding better luck with UA and then DL overall. Breakfast is a weird one but I still tend to find myself not liking what AA is serving. Really don't like omelettes on the ground, in the air they're even worse. I miss the breakfast skillets on AA. Those were actually pretty decent.