FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:43 am
srbrenna

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by simons1

I can't imagine there are that many people on here worried. There have been what 2 or 3 examples on here and as already pointed out interest on here was such that the thread had been dormant for 6 weeks before you bumped it. Doesn't exactly seem front of mind.
I have two 2-4-1 bookings coming up. One in F LHR-PEK/HKG-LHR and the other J LGW-MRU.

Now Raffles has certainly piqued my interest. I would be pretty miffed if it were to happen on the first flight but I'd probably shrug my shoulders and deal with it on my return. F-J is not the end of the world. However things would not be the same on the latter flight where the choice would be to travel or not as there are few alternative options.

Yes, downgrades happen. Yes, they are infrequent. Yes, the chances of it happening to you are minimal. However that is not what we are talking about here. It is the specific downgrading of Amex 2-4-1 pax. With that in mind, Mr Volante has a quite legitimate point.