FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:08 am
simons1

Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Because BA has had a presence on this forum at least 10 years, and continues to monitor it closely. And because the thread refers to an article on one of the UK's most influential and (and now award winning) travel blogs, whose journalists are invited by BA to BA events. And because between FT and HFP thousands of BA's and Amex's customers are reading this story, and thinking "I wonder if there's anything in this?".

It's rather naive to think BA doesn't have a social media strategy, and isn't aware of what is being said.

By not responding BA adds to the speculation. By responding BA could end it.
And?

There is a difference between "having a presence" or "monitoring it closely" and answering questions from every Tom, Dick and Harry.

There is is also a difference between "having a social media policy" or "being aware of what is being said" and engaging on every thread. I'm sure they are aware of what is said on the Daily Mail website but I don't see them getting involved in every thread there.

Apart from occasional announcements and things like missing Avios BA hasn't engaged on here meaningfully for a long time.

Indeed it was on HfP and Raffles attends BA events. So what? The point of bloggers is to provoke comment as that is what drives traffic to the blog. It doesn't mean BA needs to have an answer for everything.

I can't imagine there are that many people on here worried. There have been what 2 or 3 examples on here and as already pointed out interest on here was such that the thread had been dormant for 6 weeks before you bumped it. Doesn't exactly seem front of mind.

Seriously what are you expecting BA to say here? It is highly unlikely but occasionally it may happen for operational reasons?

If I started a thread along the lines of "will my flight be late" or something similarly speculative would you expect BAA to jump in?