FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:19 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by MissJ
Nice! Can't wait to try this one out
Do not hold your breath. In one year things have changed. The enthusiasm of the staff seems to have gone and there appears to be a significant turnover rate as well.

Sent an e-mail week before my current stay to ask for a twin room instead of a king room as my nephew wanted to visit London. No reply ever. Called in 3 days before the stay and the lady with very snappy tone told that it would cost me more. I then mentioned that a diamond guest can have another person staying in the same room for free. A twin room was arranged - deluxe from 7th floor with free refreshments (one orange juice, two bottles of water, and one Coca Cola). Check in 10:30 AM was allowed.

Check in lady mentioned that it was my 15th stay in the property. The welcome gift was a small metal jar filled with hard candy. Unimpressive.

As my meetings last often till late and I am not able to enjoy the EL, I went to front desk asking for a drink chit. The fellow told he would have to ask from his superior and asked me to sit down and wait. Actually he went to loo and came back a moment later just to tell that I can have as many drinks in the Distillery Bar as I wish - as long as I pay them myself. 16 pounds for a gin and tonic seems kind of steep. But there is a Tesco and Sainsbury's right outside the front door of hotel for thirsty and stingy customers.

First morning had the breakfast at main restaurant. No complaints, friendly faces, friendly service, coffee brought to table, and sufficient selection. Did not bother the chef, but what I recall from earlier stays, omelettes and extras were to be paid separately. Second morning tried the EL breakfast around 7 AM. Two members of staff there replenishing the scarce offerings, no good morning, no offer to order anything. Self service coffee, croissants, cold cuts, cheese, and yogurt it was.

Edge lost, but still a good choice among London Hiltons if the price is right (seldom nowadays).