FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:32 pm
lds89

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I haven't ever flown DL Int'l Y, but honestly I don't think AA's is that bad in terms of offerings. AA has always offered palatable Y food (I get the pasta option most often), IMHO. It's not avant-garde cuisine, but it's at least edible. Maybe it's gone down as of late.

AA offers hot towels, too. I had them last time I flew Y TPAC. Do they not offer them on TATL flights?
As an ex DL traveler for many years, I can concur their international Y service is head and shoulders above AA

Food is better, they offer you three meal choices with a printed menu, full bar service, mini amenity kits with eyeshades, PTVs on every single longhaul flight (AA flies 767s across the ocean with no built in IFE), and full bottles of water. That being said, AA Y service really isn't that bad - and if you're an EXP you get the free liquor anyways.

I've found the AA food to be fine, even if the second meal is a little worse usually than Delta. I've had good luck clearing SWUs when on AA and am often taking CX or JL in Y across the Pacific (where service can sometimes exceed AA J) so that's one area AA wins - it's TPAC partners are way better than either carrier or certainly DL's Chinese partners and I seem to do better on upgrades than my diamond friends over at DL have done