FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:27 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Aeroplan error message - does not make sense!

Booked Air Canada revenue tickets for my wife and myself.

Wanted to book parallel Aeroplan award ticket for my daughter on the Aeroplan web site.

Wanted to book YOW-YVR - overnight stopover
Then YVR-LAS the next morning.
Then LAS-YYZ-YOW a week later.

So I got an error message (repeatedly) trying to book this on 3 separate computers, using 4 different operating systems.

So I called the Aeroplan agent.

She said that the Aeroplan computer considers the YOW-YVR and YVR-LAS flights as 2 sequential non-connecting flights - as the 2nd flight leaves more than 12 hours after the first flight arrival (by a grand total of 1 minute; ie total overnight stay is 12h01min!) - even thought second flight is the first available flight after arrival to LAS.

But the error message means that the proposed ''multi-city'' itinerary is not valid.

So I called what I thought was the Aeroplan.com web site phone number - but got the agent at the regular Aeroplan phone number. She was able to make the booking; I did not have to pay a telephone booking fee!

What I got out of this - the Aeroplan computer did not accept the YOW-YVR and then YVR-LAS as either as connecting flights nor as 2 separate non-connecting flights. The agent's computer accepted my itinerary as a multi-city itinerary; but not as a return (incoming, outgoing) LAS itinerary. So I could not have booked the YOW-YVR and then the YVR-LAS flights as a one-way connecting flights - because of that 1 minutes - even though AC allowed such a booking for a revenue ticket (for the AC booking, I actually did 2 separate bookings - on a latitude flight pass)!