FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP mileage credit & privileges booked via TAP
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:32 am
Stainhead

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Gold, PC Gold
MP mileage credit & privileges booked via TAP

I am planning to fly return TPA-MAD in mid-January 2018 and for some reason the UA economy fares (and practically everything else) are all pricing out in the $2500 range while TAP has an assortment of 2-stop itineraries that are less than half that price. I am obliged to use my company's travel service and rules so it looks like I will be stuck with booking via TAP--a new situation for me.
Looking at TAP's website, it shows "Basic" and "Classic" products (my company won't pay for E+, which I can usually get for free on UA because I am Premier Gold). Evidently with "Classic" you can select a standard seat, and I believe my company will cover that. With "Classic" it also shows "70% miles" vs. "40% miles" with "Basic".
Four of the six legs are on TAP metal while the other two are UA and JetBlue codeshares respectively.
My questions are:
1. Will I be able to choose an E+ seat on the UA leg?
2. Will my *A Gold status give me any seat choice privileges on TAP (the TATL legs are on a TAP A330)? On JetBlue?
3. If I book this flight specifying my MP number, what will my MP miles credit be for this itinerary? 70% for all flights? Will I get mileage credit on JetBlue also, as it's a TAP codeshare?

Thanks for any insight.