FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:42 am
jiburi

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by shotime1
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in this thread already, but trying to figure out my options.

I do not currently have status on AS (now if they would only speed up my status match request...). I am on a 6:00 AM flight. Later flights that day on my route are at Noon and 5:00 PM. Is there any way I can get SDC'd to a later flight for the $25 fee?

By my reading of the rules, the noon flight would not be available for me to SDC to until the time of my original departure. Is there any wiggle room here if, for example, I was to call AS at 4:00 AM. I note the web page says, "If you've already missed your flight and wish to use our same day confirmed flight change for another flight on your original travel day, please see an airport agent for assistance." That seems to imply I could miss my flight and so long as there is still availability on a later flight I could change to that for $25, but that seems quite risky!

Also, my end goal is to get on the 5:00 PM flight, so if I first change to the 12:00 flight and then later to the 5:00 PM flight, I assume I have to pay 2x $25?

Thanks.
Be warned, there is a newly revised no-show policy in effect where you could lose the value of the ticket.

Your best option is calling the agent to discuss options.

Jiburi