FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airline is responsible for delayed/lost luggage on a multi-leg journey?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:11 am
GREAKLY

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes. Expensive hand cream, eye cream etc is not a neccessity IMO. You should be perfectly able to do without them for a couple of days (or with a cheaper brand)
It took me a while to find skincare products that do not cause allergy. And they happen to be expensive (I guess, for that very reason). If I buy a cheaper product and end up in a hospital with the allergic reaction will the airline cover the bill and the cost of subsequent treatment? I doubt it.

I COULD live a few days without using any hygienic and cosmetic products. My wife COULD, probably, go for a few days without the makeup. And we both COULD wear the same clothing for a few days. But why SHOULD we. It's the airline, who is at fault, not us. Montreal 22.2 sets the limit of responsibility for delayed baggage. It doesn't say anything about reasonability and its criteria. Do you think, if such case goes to court, arguments like "one should be perfectly able to do without them for a couple of days (or with a cheaper brand)" would have any merit?