FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:45 am
BAGoldBoy

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
These parts of the review also comes across as a little odd:

"Had used a suite upgrade."

"Also they won't confirm the suite upgrade until you arrive."

If you have a confirmed/tier suite upgrade, that is/should be blocked in advance.

This being done on arrival, especially at a PH property - not true.
I am afraid it is. I spoke to the UK rep several times as I didn't receive the upgrade email. He told me on three occasions that this property will not guarantee the suite until you arrive therefore there is no email confirmation merely a note that the hotel staff can see that states suite upgrade requested.

The good news is that the head of operations contacted me and actually agreed with virtually everything I had reported here. He apologised and said that a series of mistakes had occurred and that he and his team were embarrassed. They are using my post as a training aid for his team and they have offered us a free stay to show us the experience we should have had so hopefully all will end well. As he said he can't rerun our wedding anniversary but he will give us an unforgettable memory on our next stay.