FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RYANAIR thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:20 pm
onuhistorian0116

Buying Ryanair ticket at the airport

I will be flying to Dublin on Wow at the end of January, I have no interest staying in Dublin, and plan to fly on to Amsterdam (couldn't pass up a 150 USD ticket over the Atlantic) I have played around with Skyscanner, and have found that at 4AM Dublin time today, I could buy a ticket for a same day flight to Amsterdam for 80 USD, arriving in the middle of winter, in the middle of the week, I can't imagine the tickets will be much more expensive. There are early flights with reasonably short, but possible layovers if my flight from Iceland is on time, and I wouldn't think twice about these layovers with a guarenteed connection.

My question is, if I buy a ticket at the airport, what type of fees should I expect? I will arrive on Wow with just a backpack that meets their free carry on requirement, so I shouldn't need to worry about their bag fees. If I buy a last minute ticket at the airport do I still have to pay a fee to check in at the airport? Do they charge extra fees on top of that to buy a last minute ticket at the airport?

If I am facing exhorbinent fees, I will just buy the cheap flight I see now on Aer Lingus and deal with the safe 9 hour layover.