FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:06 pm
The Situation

SEA-JFK
I had the hamburger sliders which I have had a few times and they are a quite good. Other option was a chicken salad of some sort. My big complaint was the wine was absolutely awful - and that comes from someone who really isn't all that fussy when it comes to red wine. It was by far the worst red wine I have ever had - I am not exaggerating. I know DL has been cutting back on how much they are spending on wine, but if they are going to say they have a "premium product," I expect at something at least something halfway drinkable. I caught the name of the white wine which was called Eighty-20 - retail price is $8. There are some really good $8 wines out there, but there are also a lot of really bad $8 wines out there. Investing an extra $5 on customers that spend $1500, would be a bad idea to have a little better odds of delivering a good product. If this is the direction Ed Bastian is taking the product, I don't like it.