FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK Baggage Services in TXL
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:33 pm
Oz3Fly

Help with escalating!

I'm in the same unhappy boat... While I just made my connection due to a delayed flight, my suitcase did not. The flights were booked with KLM, although the first leg was with a partner airline (Transavia). My suitcase has been sitting at Tegel airport for almost 2 weeks and needs to be forwarded to me in the US.

I've had the same runaround with WISAG not responding to emails, ph not connecting, a second phone number given to me by KLM results in either being on hold or not connecting. I've messaged KLM through Twitter and Facebook numerous times and the response is that they can't contact WISAG so there's nothing they can do, advising me to keep contacting WISAG. I also filled out the KLM complaints form, as advised by them, but also no response. This is clearly a deadend and neither KLM or WISAG are taking responsibility... I'm not very good at playing irate customer but it seems the only option now! I did post annoyance today on their Facebook and Twitter pages but I just get referred to their messaging service.

B747-437B: how did you escalate? You mentioned contacting corporate services? I did email Berlin Airports but they said they don't handle luggage so can't help. It seems like the only option is getting KLM to speak to WISAG but they say they can't do this. Help!!

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The quote to fix the zipper is the equivalent of approx. $2, so I'll give Turkish Airlines a break on this!

If Turkish doesn't compensate for the incidentals, I have insurance via my Chase Sapphire Reserve that will cover it, so I'm not too concerned. But I think they will view the EUR 345 as a small price to stop me emailing them every day for the claim!