FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:43 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nauce
@dll -- Super interesting. Will check that out as well. I think what first confused me about Alaska is that you cannot (easily?) book flights on partners directly from their site. I'm used to united, where I just search the route, and codeshare flights just pop-up.

(Example, I can't even type in "Moscow" as a destination on AlaskaAir.com..)

But, I think if I can hack together the routes, it might work!
That's true for many of their partners, yes - but their call center team is, frankly, amazing. I don't mind having to call them to book!

You can book some partners online including BA and Emirates (usually/kind of/sometimes), and maybe some others. Most partners require a call in...I confirm the award availability for what I want then phone them to secure it.

You need to be sure you've selected "use miles" on their site for international destinations to show up. I just dummy booked a SEA-Moscow flight on BA. Do note, as always w/BA, that they charge hefty award surcharges (in the realm of $1,100 or more roundtrip for premium cabins!).