FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to BA at Cairo airport - ex-CAI trips
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:39 am
David_Doyle

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Sounds like booking meet and assist is required on both arrival and departure.

Is there a single queue to enter any terminal?
I did a B2B out of Cairo a couple of weeks ago.

Outbound : Arrived fine and easy to find the visa (bank) desks in the immigration hall. I bought 3 visa's to keep some for other occasions. Very slow queue to get through and would certainly have benefitted from being able to skip the 20-25 minute wait. Rather chaotic. Once through it was easy to exit the terminal, cross the road and walk across the car park to the Le Meridien. I didn't feel the need to enter T3 and use the bridge over.

Inbound : I could have stayed in bed about 20 minutes longer but wanted to be through in time so left hotel about 6:20 for 8:00 departure. Easy walk over to terminal, numerous 'security' checks and was into departures pretty easy. The lounge isn't worth spending time in to be honest. Gate check to remove laptops etc from people who weren't aware of the requirement.

Overall : If Le Meridien/other hotel do a Meet And Greet to skip immigration queue then it's certainly worth it. I wouldn't bother with any Meet And Greet/Assist where the person just stands with you in the queue, as the entry form and visa are hardly difficult. If staying at the Le Meridien I really can't see the point of taking the hotel shuttle bus considering it's barely 5 minutes walk away.