FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CAI-TLV Award Ticket: Is this even possible?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:38 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Except I don't think DL will price out CAI-TLV at all, for revenue or Skymiles. It doesn't appear to be a valid route in the DL system. Tested it in a five week search, got "Uh-oh! We're sorry, but no results were found for your search. Some of our flights only operate seasonally or on select days of the week."

FWIW, Kayak doesn't find any options using Skyteam at all, nor any with oneworld.
There are routes where DL does not sell revenue tickets, but still offers award redemptions. The current website award search has various issues right now as has been documented in several other threads. It always defaults to a flexible dates award search (even when specifying exact dates) and there are a number of routes where flexible dates search always fails, but where an exact dates search will succeed. There are a couple of workarounds to get the website into an exact dates search mode for awards -- the simplest is to just use m.delta.com. The other workaround is to use the app. However, after doing a number of exact dates searches on this particular route, I have yet to find one that succeeds. So I'm inclined to believe that DL does not consider it a valid award route.