FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:02 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Concerto
... This is news to me, I thought easyJet had perfected their art long ago. I've never been on a flight where they've run out of produce and uptake has usually been good, unlike apparently on AB, BA or IB. But I haven't made hundreds of U2 flights, just a few dozen, and I've never made any really long distance U2 flights: longest was GVA-EDI and vv. One thing I like is that you can prepay your BoB and get a 20% voucher. So, if a voucher costs £5 you will pay £4 for it. And, of course, you can pay any balance in cash (another major mistake of BA, IMO)
EZY running out of certain items is not unusual, it typically starts on the late afternoon flights - although I recently had no bacon butty on an AMS morning flight from LPL.

I suspect they have introduced the pre-order option in an attempt to avoid running short on certain flights. The 20% discount for pre-buying is good. Given that they have been BoB from the very beginning it's taken them a long time (over 20 years) to introduce a pre-order option.