FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New bonus point packages not counted toward Elite Qualifying Points?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:48 am
DaveH

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My recent bonus point stays posted as EQP automatically. However these weren't as high as 10k bonus points. In past years I've had 10k and 11k bonus point packages post as EQP, but I don't think they do any more.
Yes, I've seen reports of these posting too, and so didn't think twice about this offer posting, given that it wasn't marketed as a "hotel promotion" anywhere.

IIRC the T&Cs include a list of bonus point offers that are eligible for EQP, and this only went up to 5k.
No, there is no mention of an earnings cap in T&Cs. Just a reference to IHG rewards club packages counting as EQP, with no reference to a "hotel package" or similar as not counting.

In my case, I was mislead, and would appreciate IHG making it right.

If they want to exclude packages above 5K, or ones offered by a hotel, no problem...but just clearly state that. Not at all difficult for them to do.