FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:52 am
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by BA6948
I don't know where you are based but I think you can avoid BA if you don't live in London. BA has unfortunately become an expensive budget airline with no service whatsover on shorthaul economy and a mediocre offering on longhaul economy. There are still other airlines in OneWorld that still offer a better service in Economy and a more personalized approach to Status passengers. Alrx Cruz and his gang will only react if passengers walk away and vote with their feet.

BA are in danger of turning into Tesco - for non UK board members, that is a supermarket that had a lower-premium position but decided to mix it with Asda/Walmart and ended up being neither the cheapest nor premium, with a cataclysmic outcome.

What keeps me with BA? Lounge access and status. Yes, it's stupid, but it works. If Cruz decides to turn his penny pinchers on that, I have great options elsewhere for travel. Cost cutting is great for the bottom line, every £1 saved transfers directly, but it's a negative approach to growth (if that makes sense) in comparison to creating innovative products customers actually love and get excited about.

Having said that, I like the idea of BoB and the options look good. I'd like to be able to pre-order and pre-pay. I'm not usually fussed about eating or drinking on short haul though.