FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $5400 RT La Premiere good deal
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:20 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I agree that BA is not a top benchmark in F. But I find their A380 F suite truly excellent (BA 77W and 744 are clearly inferior), much better than AF A380 F seat, which are old with no privacy and small screen.
I would agree with CCaley that AF A380 should be avoided in favor of the 77W.
Unfortunately AF curerntly schedules two A380 and one 77W to/from JFK. From CDG the 77W is usually on AF22 which depart at 08:20 so impossible to connect from LHR. From JFK AF23 (77W) departs at 16:25 and lands at 05:40. If you are on American time, this is not a good time to take an overnight flight and enjoy dinner before some sleep (you land before midnight NY time). Then you might get a quick breakfast at the wonderful P lounge and connect to LHR at 07:20. Or you have a long breakfast and take the next flight at 10:05, but that is a very long sleepy wait and the CDG-LHR flight with Y seating and the middle seat left open will be brutal.
Furthermore, the lounges at both ends of your journey will be inferior on AF. The CCR in LHR and JFK are good with excellent wines and nice little dishes. The AF lounges in JFK and LHR are clearly inferior.
Finally, you can currently buy BA F from JFK at $4,890.