FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:57 pm
zeer0

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
After all this time folks, I've got a follow up question if you don't mind. I'm still not 100% how this works, and it'll determine how I credit some flights.

I'm well on my way to finishing the 40,000 qualifying miles needed to reach Gold status. I understand I've got 2 years to do it, but I'll have it done in roughly 1 year.

1) So, assuming I qualify for status on Jun 1, 2018 (hypothetical) when would my status end? Jun 1, 2020? Or Jun 1, 2021 because I originally signed up on Jun 1, 2017?

Regardless of what the answer is to Q1, I also need to find out the answer to this...

2) When does the new qualifying period open? If my status starts Jun 1, 2018, does the qualifying period start Jun 1, 2018? I just wanna make sure if I'm flying that I'm crediting it to a worthwhile cause (IE: qualification) as opposed to just crediting them to redeemable miles.

Thanks! Looking forward to flying OZ for the first time in about 10 days or so.
1. June 1, 2021
2. June 1, 2019 - June 1, 2021 is the next qualifying period

Oz simply counts in 2 year chunks from your joining date for qualification period, regardless of when status was attained. Your status is valid for the remainder of your current qualifying period and the entire next qualifying period. So if you qualify in a year, you'll have 3 years of status.