FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:02 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
3. No other qualifications other than 40,000 in 2 years.

4. 2 year period starts the day you signup so wait until your first flight. Status is good for 2 years + the rest of the original qualifying period if you qualify early.
After all this time folks, I've got a follow up question if you don't mind. I'm still not 100% how this works, and it'll determine how I credit some flights.

I'm well on my way to finishing the 40,000 qualifying miles needed to reach Gold status. I understand I've got 2 years to do it, but I'll have it done in roughly 1 year.

1) So, assuming I qualify for status on Jun 1, 2018 (hypothetical) when would my status end? Jun 1, 2020? Or Jun 1, 2021 because I originally signed up on Jun 1, 2017?

Regardless of what the answer is to Q1, I also need to find out the answer to this...

2) When does the new qualifying period open? If my status starts Jun 1, 2018, does the qualifying period start Jun 1, 2018? I just wanna make sure if I'm flying that I'm crediting it to a worthwhile cause (IE: qualification) as opposed to just crediting them to redeemable miles.

Thanks! Looking forward to flying OZ for the first time in about 10 days or so.