FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA not honouring 'mistake' F fare to Equador
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:22 pm
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Not the first time I’ve been stalked and attacked about my posts all around flyertalk from BA apologists on this forum so I’m use to this behavior.

Go to the premium fare deals now, BA/AA are offering a $1500 fare from CAI-HNL right now. Is that a mistake fare too? I guess it’s not until BA decides it is.
Not apologists but realists who cannot be fooled by those who would like to think they know better than everybody else.

And, as has been pointed out previously, I am sure that the fare you refer to is in J, it is not ex-LHR and is still more than the mistake fare you so willingly tried to purchase knowing full well it was not valid. And that's without taking account of the poor state of the Egyptian economy and the impact this has on fares.

But don't let any of this get in the way of your pursuit of a remedy. Personally I would
love for BA to counter claim against all those who they can prove knowingly attempted to purchase the error fare and are trying to enforce it. To me there is only one greedy side in all of this and it isn't BA. I have no sympathy for those who brought this fare and had it cancelled as suspect 99.9% only did so because they saw a deal too good to be true.

And for the the record I was awake at the time and did look at it and could have purchased, but really had no desire to go to GYE irrespective of the cost.