FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:31 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by spd476
I posted something about this in the C+ thread but this may be a better place. On one of my flights, there are no seats together on the seat map and the open ones are scattered around the plane. I'm travelling with my wife and 5 year old. I would buy C+ but they want $287 per person for an ATL-PUJ flight. I would gladly pay $287 total but not per person.

I'm trying to be proactive so I'm not that guy trying to get people to swap on the plane. Will Delta assign seats so at least one of us is with our son? Should I call them in case they are holding back seats? Should I pick the best remaining aisle and window seats to try to trade on the plane? Should I wait and see if people get upgraded freeing up seats? I have no status with Delta so I doubt we would get put in C+.
Call now. It's easier for DL to do swaps in advance then day of. In this case a 5 yo needs a responsible parent next to them. No issue there.