FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL upgrades to C+ against wishes
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:53 am
cottonpatch

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For your gate "upgrade" to C+, were you on the C+ upgrade list for the flight or did the GA just notice your status and decide to move you?
GA admitted she moved me all on her own. She wasn't even aware that there is a switch on the PNR to opt out of C+ upgrades. She just thought that I would appreciate the "upgrade". Whatever happened, it did take quite a few keystrokes at the gate to fix the error and I noticed she had to split the PNR to accomplish it.

DL is enamored with C+. I'm not. My pet peeve is the reclining seat in front of me whether it's in FC, C+, or main cabin. I'll always take hard bulkhead or exit row without the chance of a "recliner" in front of me. I accept responsibility for my extreme discomfort with a recliner in front of me and choose appropriately. DL doesn't help when they disregard what is set up. I always "opt out" of C+ upgrades and "opt out" of F upgrades about 1/2 of the time. By the way, my status is DM. This is a temporary occurrence that I don't expect will ever happen again.