FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:35 am
NH_Clark

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
1st year as GS and I have appreciate greatly the enhanced service. The ability to open saver award space for the Mrs and then upgrade is worth it's weight in gold.. including the ability to open an award seat in same cabin as my paid ticket is hugely advantageous. Annie in BOS :-:!

On the negative side, I have experienced twice the very real need for the MB and it wasn't there.. including a delayed arrival into EWR and no GS rep to help... that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Having been 1K several times since '97... there is a huge difference in handling for 1K to GS. But for $50K+ annual spend it should be.

Several years ago I made a conscientious decision to consolidate all my travel on UA. Through the many downs and the few ups. If I was in OP's shoes, and had the ability to predictable spend that kind of money F/J.. then why worry about loyalty programs? You get the loyalty through $ spent on the seat in F...

Last edited by NH_Clark; Oct 6, 2017 at 9:01 am