FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:11 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by danger
I seem to recall reading somewhere - possibly on this thread - that P+C is only available on stays of three nights or more.
I just booked this for Jun for three nights (pts only) as there wasn't pts+cash. I also looked for multiple dates this spring and summer for multiple lengths just for my own research and couldn't find any dates that would allow pts+cash (many dates also didn't even take pts only).

I came to the conclusion that Park Hyatt NY is one of those properties that you can never really hope to book on pts+cash In fact, I couldn't find any full service Manhattan located Hyatt that was allowing pts+cash in that research.

(for the PH NYC, I did find a stay 3 night, get 1 night promo available for the spring dates).

In my case, the pts are worth 2.7 cents apiece compared to the cash rate anyways (and I bought most of the points for ~1.7 cents with the 40% bonus for this), and on those three days cash rates were quite high at all full service NYC Hyatts ($399+), so buying and coughing up that many points ended up not being too hard a decision (as I posted elsewhere, I ended up spending as much cash on points to redeem for the PH as I would have for three nights at a HC or Andaz once you include tax implications).

I think I will be able to get 60 nights next year anyways (51 nights booked already) so I won't need the three night credit.

Last edited by MarkOK; Oct 6, 2017 at 8:19 am